If you are an avid reader of my blog then you already know that I wrote a book.
Terror In The North Tower came from my background as a respiratory therapist. This is a suspenseful fictional thriller with more twist than Grey’s Anatomy .
The Challenge To Edit And Publish
After much searching, phone calls and email I was starting to realize publishing wasn’t going to be so easy. Through the Power Affiliate Club I met Monna Ellithorpe. Known as The Blue Jean Writer, she helps other author’s edit and publish wonderful works of words.
Once she was done with editing and I approved it we set out sites on self publishing through Amazon.
Purchase Terror In The North Tower here.
Publishing hasn’t come without it’s challenges.
1. Marketing – self marketing is hard work . Researching places that may or may not put your book in their businesses .
2. Social Media – getting the word out on social media is a time saber and huge benefit. According to Search engine land
Social media marketing refers to the process of gaining traffic or attention through social media sites.
The Hubspot shows marketing statistics
- 61% of global Internet users research products online. (Interconnected World: Shopping and Personal Finance, 2012)
- Using this blog is one way of using social media. Your reading this post right now. Is it making you think?
- Lastly blogging
Blogging gives the writer a chance to express themselves, showcases thoughts and ideas . Yes I’ve published my first book and I’m working hard to market it.
Have you ever published a book?
Gain The Advantage,
Michael Hyatt says it best
We’re not being selfless when we avoid promoting our product. We’re just undercutting our own mission and creating an opportunity for someone else to take our place.
As I connect with other network marketer’s I’ve found it more common that people are shy about using and sharing the products they endorse.
1. Belief In Yourself Do you believe in yourself? Do you know that you have the abilities to promote your company?
Most people will fail in network marketing because of doubt. We must believe in our own abilities to sell whatever products people are looking for.
2. Developing Leadership Using and promoting your companies products helps you develope leadership skills.
Promoting and selling helps us to develop leadership skills. As we communicate with other’s we are honing those skills needed to become a leader. Look at the top ten sellers in your company. How did they get where they Are? They started at the bottom, learning, sharing and now finally the leaders they were destined to be.
3. Promoting Equals Money aren’t you into having a better life? Why are you a network marketer? What made you believe in this opportunity?
If we’re excited about something we share it with others. A new resturant, new food, new places and products. Think about this most start up companies happened because one or two people got excited enough to tell one or two more and so on.
Did that make them crazy? No it means they were inspired, intrigued and wanted to share.
Sharing your products with others is the only way to build confidence. If we don’t share then who will?
Don’t miss out on an opportunity because your nervous or scared. Learn to overcome those feelings and go for it.
Are you struggling with something? Leave me a note I will help if I can.
Gain The Advantage,