Are you as bombarded with bogus inquiries on line about your ‘business opportunity”?
Sometimes I think people are just board on the internet and this is the new; “ring the doorbell and run” prank that we used to play as kids to homeowners.
Sometimes you can tell when there is a fake lead from your auto responder and sometimes you can’t. (Example, Name: OJ Huxtable, Phone: 888-515-5555, Email email@example.com). Now really is this for real? I think not. I wouldn’t even attempt to waste my time or energy to even pursue this as a credible business partner let alone a lead!
Let’s discuss what makes a credible lead? Name, Phone Number, Email all these can be fake, phony, no good, and so on. How do you tell if it is credible?
The best advice I can give:
What about the name. Does it seem somewhat normal? (Joe, Jim, Candy, Amanda) I think you get the picture.
What about the phone number?
If you have a list of area codes for the United States that’s not to hard to figure out. A great site for information is All Area Codes.com ( All Area Codes. Com ).
What about the email address?
Bogus email addresses are used more then they are less and with identity theft as big as it is; people are scared to even leave a good email address to contact them at. Are you protecting your identity? Do you use a system such as Legal Shield’s Identity Theft Program? Contact Anita Corrigan at Anita Corrigan Legal Shield. Or do you use Life Lock? Life Lock Of course there are other’s but these are the only two the are recommended by Donald Trump!! (No politics here but he is a great business man).
Well than what’s the answer?
Be wise and go with your “gut” instincts. The gut never lies! It’s pretty easy to tell a real serious interested client than someone just playing jokes on you. Is there a simple solution to the problem? YES!
- Encrypt a current email address: Another way to protect your email privacy is to use Thunderbird with Enigmail; Mac Mail with GPGTools; Outlook with GPG4Win. These tools allow you to encrypt a current email address and offer a suite of security enhancements to ensure that your data is being protected. Warning: these tools require some tech-savvy and can be tough to figure out.
- Use a secure email provider! There are a number of email providers that have a model for providing top-notch security for free or for a nominal fee. The following tools provide a secure VPN for all internet browsing, a USB-key necessary email entry, and free email protection for your smartphone (iOS or Android) respectively: Unspyable, Countermail, and Shazzle.
- Filter your spam (and keep your favorite inbox) If you are one of the many email users who doesn’t enjoy having a full inbox, especially one chock full of spam, you can create various filters to put particular emails into different inboxes. According to The Online Privacy Blog The Online Privacy Blog (In our survey, 39% of people say they set up filters in their email to automatically delete and stop spam.This technique is not only helpful for keeping spam out, but also keeping track of important emails (like bills). Most times, the ability to create filters is located in your email client’s “settings” menu, and the filters can be created based on specific words, addresses, subject lines, groups of people, and many other criteria. This is a nice stop gap solution to stop spam from getting to your inbox. )
- Unsubscribe Even if the techniques above seem like too much effort, at the very least, unsubscribe from the emails that simply stuff your inbox. Most marketing emails that you find are just sent far too frequently will have an option at the bottom saying something like “Unsubscribe” or “Remove Me.”Clicking “Unsubscribe” usually takes you to an external website that lets you unsubscribe from receiving any further email from that particular sender. Make sure you click the option that completely removes you and doesn’t just limit emails.
Unsubscribing is one of the easiest ways to cut down the amount of spam entering your inbox on a daily basis, and over half of those we surveyed–51%–report unsubscribing to deal with spam.
Irritating as it may be solutions to the problems always exists.
Gain The Advantage!
footnotes: Email data is from The Online Privacy Blog The Only Privacy Blog
So you’re getting excited because you’re going to attend your first LifeVantage convention. How will you survive without all the comforts of home? Conventions can be an exciting time; as well as exhausting. By the time you travel to the convention, get to your hotel, get to the conference site, registration, and so much more what could you possible forget?
Let me just say that having a handy useful guide can be a relief!
FIRST AND FORMOST AXIO!! RED OR GREEN, BRING THE AXIO!
Notebook – Take notes, explore your light bulb ideas
Highlighters – For lighting those light bulb ideas
Sharpie Pen – Any color will do for signatures and marking those new products in the catalog
Lifesavers – The candy kind, unless you’re on a boat convention
Snacks – Be sure to keep healthy snacks in your briefcase, purse or whatever you carry. Stay energized and pumped up!
Business Cards – 100 should do unless you think you need more. Be sure to collect other contacts as well. You never know when you will need their help with something in their neck of the woods.
Dress Professionally – Dress comfortably but professionally. Jeans with holes and ripped shirts, sagging pants won’t make a great impression on others who are there to learn how to run their businesses and be more successful.
Plan Ahead – There should be a list of literary with your registration on-line. Look it over ahead of time and plan the events that you want to attend.
Schedule – Schedule time for yourself to socialize while you’re there. Try to arrange a time to meet with your team’s up-line and offer to buy them a cocktail, coke or coffee. Probe their mind for ways to achieve your success.
Alcohol Intake – Remember this is not a party! Conduct yourself in business fashion and remember that moderation is the key.
Yes you are there to get renewed and refreshed; however remember to have fun and meet new people.
We’ve talked about survival gear, preparation and now the most important part.
Safety is your number one key to a successful outcome.
• If possible don’t walk alone or travel alone. Never say you’re alone when someone is persistently asking you who you are, where you’re from and why you are there. Don’t hesitate to lie. Keep your senses around you and aware.
• When leaving the convention site don’t wear your name badge for everyone to see. It tells people who, what and where you are.
• Wear minimal jewelry Try not to attract too much attention to yourself. A lot of flashy jewelry attracts attention and predators which make you an easy target.
• Don’t give out your room number to people you don’t personally know
• Don’t leave any valuables in the room
• Lock up any luggage
• NEVER, NEVER give the front desk your credit card information to any one. Especially if someone is calling the phone in your room saying there from the front desk. It’s a Scam.
• Last but not least – NEVER, NEVER turn in your room key card! It contains personal information. If you must turn it in then ask for a pair of scissors and cut it in half.
Budget beneath your means and try not to spend all your time and money in the LV shop. Have a great convention and let’s …..
GAIN THE ADVANTAGE!
Most self-made millionaires have generated their income from many sources. At least three to five or more.
According to Tom Corley; http://richhabits.net/self-made-millionaires-have-their-eggs-in-many-baskets/
65% have three streams of income coming in, 45% have four streams of income coming in and 29% have five or more streams of income flowing through their bank account(s).
When one stream is negatively affected by systematic economic downturns, of which you have no control, the other streams can come to the rescue and help you survive the downturn, without dramatically affecting your lifestyle.
Most people only have one source of income, their job (Just Over Broke) or in some cases under broke. No money saved up to retire with and not enough savings for an emergency . In a blog I wrote on September 10, 2015 I discus about the great american dream and is it gone?
(At age 50 — 75% of the population has less than $5,000.00 saved up for retirement. Not to mention that if they were to take ill who’s going to take care of them? Medicare, Medicaid is not enough. Once you have worked so hard all of your life to earn your pension unless you’ve made a sustainable amount then you’re stuck with state-run care.) (I will not get on my soapbox about that issue)
Building your assets is no longer a luxury but a necessity! Having one stream of income flowing into your bank account isn’t cutting it. If you disagree with me then let me ask you, “How is it working for you”? Everything is rising in cost from food, mortgages, rentals are overpriced, gas and etc. Jobs aren’t even secure like they were when our parents and grandparents were young.
The average worker today stays at each of his or her jobs for 4.4 years, according to the most recent available data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, but the expected tenure of the workforce’s youngest employees is about half that.Aug 14, 2012
Unemployment is NOT JOB SECURITY! The only income security really is multiple streams of income. Building more than one stream of income isn’t that hard. How hard you want to work for it is a different story.
Building Streams Of Income
One way is to build a residual income through network marketing. Network Marketing is now an 185 BILLION DOLLAR A YEAR BUSINESS. Mmm there must be something to word of mouth advertising to make it an 185 BILLION DOLLAR A YEAR BUSINESS! That’s bigger than the NFL, NBA, NASCAR, MUSIC INDUSTRY and even health care.
This is the income where you have other people create it for you.
— A network marketer builds a down line and receives a commission on them every month.
— A business owner who has employees working for them.
— Work from home and create wealth. So many internet opportunities are out there to earn money.
What’s right for you?
That is the question to ask yourself. Finding the opportunities to create multiple income streams is all about what your willing to do to have a wealthy stream flow.
Gain The Advantage!
Have you ever sat down and thought to yourself; “Where has the great American dream gone”?
In the past 10 years the U.S. Government reports that more than 3.5 million jobs have been eliminated in the past 10 years! What’s more frightening is that an estimated 55% of jobs created in the next 5-10 years will be at or just slightly above minimum wage. The modern two income family earners are not able to provide and care for themselves or their families like their parents.
At age 50 — 75% of the population has less than $5,000.00 saved up for retirement. Not to mention that if they were to take ill who’s going to take care of them? Medicare, Medicaid is not enough. Once you have worked so hard all of your life to earn your pension unless you’ve made a sustainable amount then you’re stuck with state run care. (I will not get on my soapbox about that issue).
What’s happened to the middle class?
Today if you’re making more than $27,500 a year you are doing better than half of this country. Realistically that’s not enough to buy food, pay the mortgage, car payments and other needs. The fact is that this is one of the reasons why both parents are working in a two parent family. Sometimes both parents are working multiple jobs to just barely make ends meet. Over the last few years the cost of living has risen but not the paychecks!
Once upon a time, most American families could afford a nice home, two cars, a motorcycle, a boat and a nice vacation at least once a year. I remember taking at least two vacations a year with my parents when I was younger. We were middle class and we were happy. But now I ask you; “Where is the American Dream”? Has it dies right in front of our eyes? The middle class is getting screwed at every turn. We work hard for what we have and it’s still not enough! Does every American need to be at the poverty level or below? Does every American need to be at the upper class level or above it?
After World War II the American Middle Class was thriving. Men were returning home from war opening new businesses, employing more people and happy to be alive. People wanted to work hard to earn what they had and keep it.
One of the biggest reasons that people come to America is to find the “American Dream”. It seems like now the illegal aliens that are coming to America are getting everything handed to them. But at what cost?
Some surprising facts:
According to a new CNN polls, 59 percent of Americans believe that is has become impossible for most people to have the American Dream.
The American Dream is impossible to achieve in this country.
So say nearly 6 in 10 people who responded to CNN Money’s American Dream Poll, conducted by ORC International. They feel the dream — however they define it — is out of reach.
Young adults, age 18 to 34, are most likely to feel the dream is unattainable, with 63% saying it’s impossible. This age group has suffered in the wake of the Great Recession, finding it hard to get good jobs.
According to the U.S. Census Bureau, only 36 percent of Americans under the age of 35 own a home. That is the lowest level that has ever been measured.
Right now, approximately one out of every six men in the United States that are in their prime working years (25 to 54) does not have a job.
25 percent of all American adults do not even have a single penny saved up for their retirement.
The New Truth
We cannot survive alone here in America with a traditional “JOB” (Just Over Broke) or under whatever your case maybe. So what is the answer?
Donald Trump endorses network marketing as a great way to earn an awesome income from home. Now I know what you’re thinking it’s a scam. Really then …….
Why are women the top producers in network marketing? 89% of women are top earners. If network marketing was a scam then why is it so successful?
PLAN B IS NOW!
Have you got a PLAN B? Have you had the OPPORTUNITY? The time is NOW!
The opportunity is HERE! Find your PLAN B and learn all you can to create the financial freedom your family deserves today.
GAIN THE ADVANTAGE!
If you just started a spandy new WordPress blog or site and want to work on setup and configuration in your spare time, we’ve recently refreshed a resource that might be just the thing for you: learn.wordpress.com.
Have you just created a blog or website to:
- Showcase a personal project? Maybe you’re working on a photo-a-day project, some short stories, poetry, or a memoir?
- Highlight your business’ offerings and attract new customers?
- Promote an organization and want to know how to get connected to potential supporters on social media?
No matter the reason you created that new site, learn.wordpress.com is standing by. Here’s a bit of what’s on offer to help you create a site that is uniquely you.
Get Started: passwords and profiles
Regardless of whether you’ve got a blog or website, you’ll want to have a strong password and complete your online profile. Get Started, in…
View original post 346 more words
During a conversation I had with another network marketer it was brought to my attention that he didn’t really know my companies products, nor did he use them. He proceeded to tell me that he bought the products and was familiar with all of them. He only buys them, along with other MLM companies products to sell them to other families so they can use them and make money. I am still trying to figure out what the company might be?
When I asked him if he takes my companies starship product for himself the answer was, wait for it ……..”NO! Stop right their. If you tell me that you’re buying products to “sell”; (Note to self I don’t sell products! I provide a solution to problems. ) I am a problem solver!
To get back on track if you’re in a network marketing company and have products to sell, and you don’t even know how they work on or in the body what are you doing? Even if there is proven scientific research that is beyond the shadow of a doubt the real thing; then you’ve just made the first deadly mistake in network marketing.
▪ First and foremost— Know your companies product(s)! It’s not enough to just “use” them but you have to be educated about them. If you don’t know what they are che k with your upline, call customer service and g et information from them. Research the products if you need to. KNOW why your company stands out from all the rest!
▪ Secondly — Use the product(s)! How can you truly endorse a product without using it? Does Michael Jordan endorse Haines underware without using the product? Well I hope that he does. Lol.
Word of mouth is the most powerful tool we have in this industry. Network Marketing is a word of mouth business!
▪ Don’t tell people you sell products — 99% of MLM ‘s, network marketing companies sell something. When you’re approaching someone that knows nothing about your company, there products and compensation plan don’t tell them your selling them something.
FEAR is defined as an unpleasant emotion cause by the belief that someone or something is dangerous, likely to cause pain, or a threat.
We all have a fear of something. Fear of failure, fear of success, fear of the dark, fear of other’s leaving us and so on. We all have experienced fear at one time or another.
97% of the people who get into network marketing fail. Most of these people fail not because they have the wrong MLM company, poor up line support or even crappy leads. Most people fail in network marketing because they simply don’t have enough motivation to drive them to do the actions they need to do in order to succeed.
Fear of failure is a huge one for most people who are stepping out of their comfort zone to start-up in network marketing. How does one find the cause of the fear of “failure”? First we need to understand what it is that “failure” actually means.
Definition of FAILURE
1 a : omission of occurrence or performance; specifically : a failing to perform a duty or expected action
2 a : lack of success
b : a failing in business : bankruptcy
What is it that you are afraid of? Failing in your approach to other’s about your “opportunity” to make a residual income and change their lives for the better? Fear of not saying the right things to people? Fear of failing period!! One can only fail at what they are trying to do when they quit trying!
Debits, health, family and work environments can add to the stress we fell in our fears that lead us to failure. How can we overcome our fear of presenting our business opportunity to others?
- Practice in front of a mirror, see yourself actually talking to a person about your opportunity and be passionate, enthusiastic and smile. Learn to master your reaction to yourself in front of the mirror and speaking to others will become a natural habit.
- Exercise! Oh I know that is something most of us don’t really want to do. Exercise releases endorphin’s, endorphin’s make us happy. Happy people don’t go around fearing everything in life and worry about it too.
- Motivation is what keeps us moving forward towards the finish line. Like a racer who is at the starting line and see’s themselves at the finish winning the prize.
Fears are real and they can be overcome. Speak to your sponsor in your network marketing business, let them know what you’re afraid of. If they won’t help you realize your full potential then move onto someone who will!
There are people like myself willing to guide you and keep you motivated to move in the right direction of success.
Gain The Advantage!
Why is what you want but can’t have more appealing than what you can have?
People desire what they can’t have because it’s the easy way out. The attainable requires hard work while fantasizing about what we can’t have is as easy as day dreaming. When you take away something that is nearly attainable it triggers these latent desires and inspires an emotional reaction, which leads to a decision.
Think of a time when something you wanted was taken away from you and how you reacted to it. Were you willing to work harder for it more than ever before you lost it?
- Is an order taker (customer service oriented) Is a facilitator and problem solver
- Aims to please others Aims to win (isn’t afraid to say no)
- Is constantly speaking interrupts customers Is constantly asking questions
A closer is goal oriented and views each sales call or contact as a step towards the goals he or she has set, not as the goal itself. A closer is self-confident, drawing from internal motivation to stay positive throughout monthly sales cycles. The work ethic is more success oriented than a salesperson.
- Shows up early, stays late to accomplish the task before them.
- Not only wants to outsell peers, wants to out perform them as well
- Understands that every “NO” is one step closer to a “YES”
- The more they contact others, means more opportunities and more sales
- Sets daily, weekly, monthly goals and ACHIEVES THEM!
Staying consistent is the same with every sales pitch in any business. Any leader in an entrepreneurship will agree with me. Do it the same way every single time. CONSISTENCY IS THE KEY!
Don’t let false positives keep you from moving forward with your aspirations. Any sale can be redirected and learning to overcome the objections is the hard part. Some people just won’t step up to the plate and buy what your selling. At least you can hold your head up high at the end of the day knowing you’ve done your best.
Gain The Advantage,
Have you ever watched the video by Simon Sinek titled, “Starts With Why”? He makes interesting points to ponder on.
All great leaders think, act and follow the same way. Steve Jobs, Martin Luther King and the Wright Bother’s for example. They communicate the exact same way. It is the complete opposite of everyone else and from what we are taught in sales and marketing techniques. All Simon Sinek did was “codify” it. What he did next totally made sense to me. The light bulb in my head went on and I am approaching my business in the same way.
Draw a target on a piece of paper. Make three circles, one big, one smaller inside the big one and then another smaller one inside that one. Then inside the smallest circle write in “Why” , the middle circle write in “How”, and in the outside larger circle write in “What”.
For example he talks about Apple and how they’re easy to understand and everyone gets it. Most marketing and sales are done by things like, “We make great computers. They’re beautifully designed, simple to use and user friendly. Want to buy one?
What’s the difference with Apple? Here’s how they actually communicate. “Everything we do, we believe in challenging the status quot. We believe in thinking differently. The way we challenge the status quot is by making our products beautifully designed, simple to use and user friendly. We just happen to make great computers. Want to buy one?”
Remember that people don’t buy what you do, they buy why you do it!
If you talk about what you believe, you will attract those who believe what you believe! Market from the point of view to find out ‘why” they need your product or services not “what” they need. How are you approaching your market place niche? From the inside out or the outside in? **Go to YouTube and watch the video *** It will explain the Golden Circle in detail.
Leaders inspire us. We follow leaders for ourselves, not for them. Remember to ask yourself, “Why” you have the ability to inspire those around you or to find others who inspire them.
Gain The Advantage!
footnote all materials were taken from the video by Simon Sinek titled “How Great Leaders Inspire Action”.
Turning 50 in April made my life come into a new era. Not just in age but in everything in my life. Changing careers, my kids are grown adults and now there are grandkids to enjoy.
As this new chapter in my life’s story starts I’m reminded that I need to be thankful for the first part of my life story and face new challenges, new choices, obsticals with enthusiasm and passion!
One needs to have passion in something in their life. I have a passion for helping others to feel better, perform better and have a better life.
You can get everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want. – Zig Ziglar
Whom are you helping to have to have a better life?
Gain The Advantage,